What is enviCARD?
enviCARD offers an environmental friendly alternative to PVC cards, through its low PVC content, and these cards are also easily recyclable.
Some countries (e.g. Sweden) have already restricted the use of PVC, but also multinationals have incorporated a PVC phasing out plan in their company policies. As a result, it is important to be able to offer a PVC-free or PVC-reduction alternative.
There are 2 quality grades available:
- 85% PVC free: the card body is made of 60% chalk and 40% PE (polyethylene), and finished with a PVC overlay (laminate)
- chalk is a natural product, and polyethylene is one of the least harmful plastics and easily recyclable (also present in plastic packagings for which recycling processes are available and applied)
- a PVC overlay is more economical, and also compatible with multiple magstripes available in our stock
- this card is perfectly compatible with thermal printers for personalisation purposes
- 100% PVC free: the card body is made of 60% chalk and 40% PE (polyethylene), and finished with a PETG (polyester) overlay (laminate)
- environmental friendly as a NON PVC containing product, slightly more expensive because of PETG overlay
- both PE (polyethylene) and PETG (polyester) are easily recyclable (also present in plastic packagings for which recycling processes are available and applied)
- the PETG overlay is available with the most common magstripe types
- this card is compatible with thermal printers for personalisation, however we recommend to test upfront
(samples available via link on this page)